U16’s – Brackley Town 2 v 0 Central Ajax Colts

The match started with high pace, and Central Ajax applied plenty of early pressure. Brackley looked unsettled from the start, until the 7th minute when from the back a sequence of precise and quick passing resulted in a superb cross coming in from Keegan on the right, which was directed into the net with a one touch finish from Jenson.

From this point on, the match was evenly matched throughout the first half. Brackley were able to create several chances, with Dan taking a great strike after 14mins, from 30yards out which was just over the bar. Ajax were quick on the counter, and continued to apply pressure infront of goal. Another great strike from Dan came after 30mins, going just wide of the post. Ajax were awarded a free kick after 38 mins, which was collected by Owen with a great save. At halftime the score was 1-0, and whilst not the best football we have seen from the players, the work rate and defensive performance was exceptional. Some tactical changes were made for the 2nd half, which kicked off with Ajax applying pressure once again. Brackely soon responded, 45mins into the game saw Ben take a shot, saved by the keeper. This was quickly followed by another dangerous cross from the right, that was cleared by the strong defence of Ajax.

The second half saw Brackley creating more chances, with another shot from Ben hitting the bar after 50mins. After just 53 minutes, a curling cross from Ben on the right hit the far post of a busy goal mouth, and was deflected into the goal for an own goal from Ajax. At 2-0 Brackley played with confidence, and never really looked like conceding. Ajax never gave up, and continued to work very hard. Fabio was unlucky not to score with a dipping long range shot from 40 yards, which was only just over the bar. Ajax responded instantly to this, which saw Jamie make a superb save after a powerful strike from the edge of the box. Ajax dominated possession in the last 10 minutes of the game, but were unable to break the defence. A final attempt to finish the game came after 78 minutes, when Keegan’s strike whistled over the bar.

The game was played in good spirit from both sides, and all the boys from both teams should be proud of their performances today. Well done too to the Ref and linesmen – a couple of justified bookings, and good control of the game. Well done to all!

mr-2-1 mr-2-2 mr-2-3 mr-2-4 mr-2-5